- Again another Jesus film, this time from the Muslim camp. Nader Talebzadeh, an Iranian movie director, has been 10 years in the making of a new film “based on the Islamic version of the life of Jesus, depicting the man Christians believe to be the messiah and son of God as a tormented Judean prophet foretelling the coming of Muhammad, the founder of the Muslim faith. See the film clips: check it out! Read more about the actor on BABYLON & BEYOND BLOG: A Muslim actor as Jesus Christ
- Next week, May 8, 60 years of Israel’s independence. There is little cheer among its Arab citizens
- Where is our world on its way? A closer look to the TIME magazine top 100 people (shows that the entertainment industry has taken over completely! TIME asked who you thought should be on the list of the 100 most influential people of the year. Over 200 candidates were given a rating of 1 to 100. And people’s #1 choice? Shigeru Miyamoto! The video game designer had almost 2 million votes, over 300,000 more than runner-up, Rain. After a tight race at the top, Stephen Colbert came in third place with close to 900,000 votes.
- TIME also invited graphic artists to create a top 100 front page for their magazine, here are their 5 top picks: check it out!
- Religion a figment of human imagination. “‘Humans alone practice religion because they’re the only creatures to have evolved imagination.’ That’s the argument of anthropologist Maurice Bloch of the London School of Economics. Bloch challenges the popular notion that religion evolved and spread because it promoted social bonding, as has been argued by some anthropologists.”
- Sweden: Finally; refugees in hiding get subsidized healthcare!
- What’s on in Sweden misses one of the greatest events of this month in the capitol city: the Jesus manifestation starting tomorrow…. I will be there will you?
Just some short digital post-its!
See you soon (tomorrow?)